UAC Media offers services in
– Domain hosting, delegation and redelegation.
– Domain registration (www.yoursite.com/.com.au etc)
Check and register your domain name NOW on our U.A.C Infotech.com.au website or
Contact Us for latest prices and special offers
Essential Information on Registering Domain Names
– important for all customers
What is a domain name?
· A domain name is simply your way of protecting your business, company and trade names in the online world and it
stops unauthorized entities taking your valuable asset - your image, identity and reputation.
· It's like a business or company registration online and is the key that opens the door to your online world.
· It is important to secure your domain names even if you “do not” have a web site.
· If you decide to establish a web site or homepage later on for your business then your domain name truly becomes so
much more - your web address on the Internet, a unique map is a unique reference or locator for your customers both
locally and globally.
· Domain names are increasingly becoming a valuable branding tool / commodity for any corporation or enterprise.
Important Benefits of Registering Your Domain Names :
·Registering a domain name secures your identity online - your image, identity and reputation
·Protects your brands online in both a local and global space.
·Adds value to your assets and goodwill
·Registering your domain name can place you in a good position if you wish to ‘go online’ in the future.- If you don’t
secure your domain names now you may reduce your options. This is also seen as the first step for any business
intent on establishing or building a web presence.
·It allows you to get your own company e-mail – email addresses can derive from a domain name - if you don’t own
the domain name you can’t get email addresses in your business name
·It avoids the threat of cybersquatters who may take your name for their own purposes.
Back to top
How do I start?
Step1. Register your .com.au and your .com and consider both .biz and .info
· .com.au - should be your first choice in Australia as it informs people that you are a registered and legitimate
This is the domain name space where your customers and competitors will know you most and
expect to find you.
· .com, .net and .org - should be your next point of registration - it is considered to be the global space and is
certainly the most well known for conducting international business.
· .biz & .info could definitely be considered, especially if you are an Australian business.
The .biz domain name space is restricted to businesses only and .info is a broad reach global domain name
space, known as the information space.
Back to top
Step 2. Analyze your needs
Once you have secured your most obvious names in the .com.au, gTLD and nTLD spaces, it is now time to assess other
countries and their domain name spaces.
Start by looking at your business both logically and laterally. Look at where your business is today and where you will
position it in the future.
Ask yourself the following questions :
· Where are most of my customers situated?
· What future expansion plans do I have?
· Which markets will I be exporting or distributing to?
· Where are my competitors based and where are they operating?
· Where do I have overseas offices, branches, alliances partners, suppliers, distributors or networks?
Back to top
Step 3. Assess your options
There are a number of valid and commercially viable reasons to register domain names.
The most obvious and critical are to protect your registered business names, company and trading names.
But you should also consider registering your domain names to protect the following:
· Your Business Subsidiaries and Divisions
· Your Brands
· Your Trademarks (pending also)
· Your Product names
· Your Agencies (with permission)
· Your Proposed names (new ventures)
· Your most obvious abbreviations
Back to top